A place for me to write down junk that I would not send to others in an email. I guess.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

ROBERT GRAZER'S 100 FAVORITE ALBUM COVERS

Pennington's thing about "You Can Tune a Piano, But You Can't Tuna Fish" made me Google it. I stumbled across this interesting read:
http://www.geocities.com/mjareviews/covers.html

My favorites:


60. Smog - Dongs of Sevotion - Sort of like the above Chemical Brothers cover taken up a degree. I mean, who on earth does Bill Callahan think he is? In all seriousness, this being Smog (and one I am unfamiliar with) the music is most likely far less bombastic than the cover might suggest. Actually, it looks like it might be a fitting ELP cover.

56. Cream - Disraeli Gears - Simply the ultimate psychedelic cover, I don't think anyone will dispute that. (dan says: AMEN)


35. Jefferson Airplane - Bless Its Pointed Little Head - Another thanks to Fredrik Tydal (see his comments on it below) for this, one of the funniest covers I have ever seen


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home