A place for me to write down junk that I would not send to others in an email. I guess.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

16.10.2005

Church. Lunch. Hung out with Loughborough folks. Practiced (frantically) for skits. Evening church. First skit. Snacks. Dinner. Meeting. Bed

Church was good, very traditional. Bart did a great job leading singing. They say they have a hard time leading singing, though they enjoy singing once it gets started.

Lunch was a potluck. I think the American stereotype is that English food is bland. I thoroughly disagree. Think about English food that we frequently eat. Fish and chips are good. I LOVE shepherd’s pie. Of course, I can’t wait for a good Guinness in a proper pub. :)

Loughborough folks are very friendly. The congregation is not that big. Not sure how many, but certainly less than one hundred. All age groups hang out and interact with each other.

Skit practice was hectic but fun. I think I shocked a few folks by actually getting serious and keeping people on task. The funniest thing of the whole trip happened today. Can’t explain it yet. Will have to in person.

The rest … non-eventful. G’night.



  • Hangin’ out at the church for lunch. Notice the kid trying to pelt me with the ball. It's in the upper left hand corner of the picture, coming for my head.


  • More hangin’ out at the church for lunch.


  • Aw! My dumb picture hosting company doesn’t do video. I did one just for Katie.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home