A place for me to write down junk that I would not send to others in an email. I guess.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Miracle?

So, last night at church this dude, Don Finto (check him out here http://www.calebcompany.com) talked about Messianic Jews and miraculous conversions. Most of y'all that read this blog were there. What do you think of that? I think many 'Conservative American Christians' find it hard to believe that in the modern world there are things like people being dead for a few days and coming back to life or visions of God or understanding strange languages or things like that. At the end a member got up and basically said that the reason we find that so shocking is because our faith is so weak. You know, I agree. I think it is actually a MORE LOGICAL statement to say that it isn't God that decided to stop doing miracles after the first century, it's US that decided to stop believing that He could.

7 Comments:

Blogger LB said...

Yes, I believe that our lack of faith plays a large part...However, I may be cynical in this, but I find it highly suspect that, when a man who has been dead for 2 days suddenly starts breathing again, the first thing they go for are video cameras. The other examples, while more believable, had NOTHING to do with the topic, "The World is Our Neighbor." They were all fuzzy stories to make the two girls in front of us squeel. And proved, apparently, that we're living in the endtimes. Mainly all I got out of last night was a meal with friends. And that's enough for me.

10:54 PM

 
Blogger Daniel said...

No doubt! What was up with those girls? I'm surprised they didn't spray pee after every story.

7:10 AM

 
Blogger amanda said...

where did y'all go to church last night?!?

8:36 AM

 
Blogger Katie said...

Amanda...you must be on crack. His post was from last Wednesday...not from last night. And....do any of us ever go to church other than OC?

12:03 PM

 
Blogger amanda said...

sorry, i didn't read the date. it's perfectly acceptable to attend other churches to shake things up a bit!
it's also monday and my contacts are dry and cloudy....

1:33 PM

 
Blogger LB said...

Why shake up a good thing? And, hm, this seems to be another good example of how you may want to look into darkening the church door a little more often...;-)

1:28 PM

 
Blogger amanda said...

i don't mean permanently church hop. more like an occasional night ,here or there, that a particular sermon or speaker sounds enticing

4:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home