A place for me to write down junk that I would not send to others in an email. I guess.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Bright and Shiny

After watching Bubble Boy last night I decided to waste some time today looking at reviews. The movie struck me as one that tanked in the theatre. I don't know why I care enough to look. Here are some reviews from rottentomatoes.com:

I like these:

"Often terrible, yet strangely watchable."
-- Kim Morgan, OREGONIAN

"It's not good. It's a bizarre mix of cute and disgusting, innocent and evil. It's all wrong. So why was I laughing so much?"
-- Dave White, IFILM

"Bubble Boy's producers should never be allowed to SEE another film, let alone make one."
-- Tony Toscano, TALKING PICTURES (U.S.)

"Has a goofy and over-the-top way of making its point, but as long as you’re not stuck on it fitting a particular mould, it’s a fun - and meaningful - ride."
-- Brian Webster, APOLLO GUIDE


These I disagree with (--> is my comment):

--> Looks like somebody got offended. Poor wittle fella.
"Certainly the meanest-spirited film ever associated with the Disney hallmark."
-- Stephen Hunter, WASHINGTON POST

--> Well ... it wouldn't really be 'Bubble Boy' without the ... um ... BUBBLE!!! IDIOT!!!
"Someone like Tom Green or Carrot Top probably could have done a better job of reacting to Jimmy's issues and done it without a darn bubble in their way."
-- Ward Triplett III, KANSAS CITY STAR

--> Philip Martin is a Brianist.
"...the most anti-human movie to surface since Showgirls."
-- Philip Martin, ARKANSAS DEMOCRAT-GAZETTE

3 Comments:

Blogger LB said...

...which is why I offered the disclaimer beforehand that it is completely irreverant. Of course it's a terrible movie-I feel bad laughing at half the stuff I laugh at, but I LOVE it!! It's a complete guilty pleasure movie...Long Live Bubble Boy!!

2:36 PM

 
Blogger Daniel said...

Huh? I wasn't offended by it. I don't feel one bit of guilt laughing at any of the religious content of the film. ... maybe you bring up a good point, worthy of a blog of its own or a topic at one of Phillip's movie nights.

3:16 PM

 
Blogger LB said...

I know YOU weren't offended, but can you imagine watching it with the Singles' group? I'd be excommunicated!

3:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home