A place for me to write down junk that I would not send to others in an email. I guess.

Saturday, February 05, 2005

It was forty years ago today ...



Here come several posts about aging musicians. I tend to scoff at people that even give two thoughts to celebrities and their depraved lives. I could care less why Brad and Jennifer broke up. I saw a headline today about the 'beniffer' ring being up for auction. Who cares? I lost a ton of money on my engagement ring, and that a$$-clown is going to MAKE money on his just because it was on J-Lo's finger. Anyway, that's not the point.

Later today, I realize that I am a bit of a hypocrite in that I always run to articles about musicians that I enjoy; especially about the older guys like the Beatles, Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin, etc.

And whereas I roll my eyes at kids wearing 'Cobain Lives' t-shirts and all that crap, I genuinely 'miss' George Harrison. I have been on a Beatles kick this week. Sometimes when I hear his voice in a song it kind of makes me sad. I don't think the same thing about John; he was dead before I knew who the Beatles were.

I genuinely wish these guys well, and I can justify that. They have brought happiness to my life, I don't think there is anything wrong in wishing it in return. And though they don't know me from Adam, I have spent a significant part of my life with them ... in a sense.

Furthermore, despite the legendary debauchery of their younger years, I am always amazed at how 'normal' many of the aging rockers have become. Behold several evidences to follow ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home