A place for me to write down junk that I would not send to others in an email. I guess.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

a short story

I haven't posted in a million years. I have been pretty busy. This short story to LB earlier pretty much sums up what has been going on with me lately:

A SHORT STORY


By Dan Norton


Once upon a time I left Blackstone and drove all over Nashville looking at dumpy, crack-town condos and far away houses. On the way home I stopped at Green Hills mall and watched Star Wars again. Despite the fact that I hate theatres and I will not have much reason to step in one again after Star Wars goes to DVD. I think watching Star Wars in a theatre is one of the most pure forms of enjoyment for me. Now I am going to go downtown and look at overpriced, "metrosexuals 'r us", ultra-modern lofts. Joy.



THE END


Appendix A: The lofts were just as I described them. They were $200K - $400K for 700 sq/ft apartments!!!

Parking for guests? Well, glad you asked because the answer is, "No. But they can park across the street. Hardly anyone has been mugged there today."

The big compelling reason to live in them was, "Hey! You're WALKING distance from the Tin Roof!"

To which I thought, "I couldn't imagine ANYTHING better than that ... except running my nether regions through a meat grinder."

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Something about "nether regions" + "meat grinder" = laughter for me. I almost wet my pants.

7:11 PM

 
Blogger LB said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:33 PM

 
Blogger amanda said...

hey, what was lb's rogue comment that was deleted???
don't knock the bus, now! MTA rules!
tin roof's a meat market for those 19-24.

1:22 PM

 
Blogger LB said...

You know Dan and his hatred for the 1st Amendment...ha!!

3:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home